To Be A Respected And Valuable Member Of Your Facilities Team, You Need To Know The Latest Technologies And Trends In The Maintenance Field. You Must Be Able To Effectively Manage Energy-Efficient, Environmentally-Sound, And Cost-Effective Building Systems. The SMT® And SMA® Designations Will Give You The Skills You Need If You:
- Have direct responsibility for major building systems, including heating, refrigeration, air handling, plumbing, and electrical controls.
- Serve on an engineering/maintenance team in any type of commercial building, including universities, schools, hospitals, and government offices.
- Work day-to-day with building service contractors.
- Want a deeper understanding of how building systems affect overall company operations.
- Want to ensure that your building’s systems are running at peak efficiency.
What You Will Learn:
- Career-building skills that help you gain recognition as an integral part of your facilities team
- How to increase the operating effectiveness of your building
- How to manage and maintain energy-efficient, environmentally sound, and cost-effective building systems
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems, including additional courses in administration, environmental issues, and building design and maintenance
The following courses detail specific operating systems and make up the SMT® program:
- Boilers, Heating Systems and Applied Mathematics
- Refrigeration Systems and Accessories
- Air Handling, Water Treatment, and Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems and Illumination
- Energy Management and Controls
Added to the five above, the following three courses will earn you the SMA® designation:
- Building Design and Maintenance
- Environmental Health and Safety Issues
Honesty and integrity are important elements of a SMT’s or SMA’s reputation. The Institute promotes this goal by requiring that all designees abide by a strict Code of Professional Ethics and Conduct.
Continuing Professional Development
To maintain active status of the SMA® designation, 18 points of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit must be earned every three years.
For further information please visit the BOMI on-line learning website at: http://www.bomiproducts.org/ecampus-online-learning.aspx?dc=000653